When it comes to Minecraft, there is quite a sizeable number of disciples so to speak, but surely it isn’t up to the number of Angry Birds fans. Still, we know that LEGO and Minecraft are star-crossed lovers, and here is some information from the folks over at Mojang who are in the process of porting the game over to the iOS platform. It seems that Mojang is hell bent of making sure that everything for the iOS platform will be on par with the Android version, so that gamers who have given the Android version a go and now own an iPhone will be able to expect the same level of quality gameplay without missing a beat.
This idea will extend to make Minecraft – Pocket Edition come complete with Survival features, where Mojang will not replicate Minecraft and attempt to bring to the surface features that are already released in its entirety. A new file system will be introduced so that items and mobs can be supported in the world, where the Item system lets you pick up items, and Crafting is something that virtually everyone would love to see, while Mobs equals animals and enemies. No release date has been cemented just yet, but as long as your iOS device is updated to have the latest version of the operating system running, it will do just fine when Minecraft is released.
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2012-03-14: Minecraft Pocket Edition updated: now with pigs
- 2012-02-12: Minecraft – Pocket Edition updated
- 2011-05-25: Minecraft is coming to the Xperia Play