With Samsung announcing their timeline for updating some of their Android smartphones to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, it seems that Sony Ericsson has deemed it appropriate to release their own timeline on when we can expect to see their Android smartphones make the jump to Android 4.0.
According to Sony Ericsson, the first batch of their 2011 line of Xperia smartphones can expect to see the Android 4.0 update arrive end March/early April 2012. The first batch will include the Xperia arc S, Xperia neo V and the Xperia ray. Then starting from end April/early May 2012, the second batch of Xperia phones that will see the Android 4.0 update includes the Xperia arc, Xperia PLAY, Xperia neo, Xperia mini and mini pro, Xperia pro, Xperia active together with the Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman media player.
The updates will be rolled out in phases as usual, which means that you should not be worried if you haven’t received the notification reminding you that you have an update waiting. Of course for some of you guys locked onto a carrier, the update could be later than others as the update will be subject to carrier approval as well. For more information hop on down to Sony Ericsson’s blog.
Next Story: QuNeo 3D Multi-Touch Controller
- 2013-03-01: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone Jolie Prototype Arrives On eBay
- 2012-07-13: Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-06-04: Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-02-23: Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones
- 2011-12-15: Sony Ericsson releases alpha Android 4.0 build for Xperia phones
- 2011-11-28: Sony Ericsson Xperia phones: Ice Cream Sandwich by March 2012
- 2011-11-15: Sony Ericsson will upgrade 2011 Xperia portfolio to Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2011-10-20: Sony Ericsson planning to bring Ice Cream Sandwich to Xperia devices
- 2011-09-08: Sony Ericsson: Current-gen Xperia phones to receive Android 4.0?