With Samsung announcing their timeline for updating some of their Android smartphones to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, it seems that Sony Ericsson has deemed it appropriate to release their own timeline on when we can expect to see their Android smartphones make the jump to Android 4.0.
According to Sony Ericsson, the first batch of their 2011 line of Xperia smartphones can expect to see the Android 4.0 update arrive end March/early April 2012. The first batch will include the Xperia arc S, Xperia neo V and the Xperia ray. Then starting from end April/early May 2012, the second batch of Xperia phones that will see the Android 4.0 update includes the Xperia arc, Xperia PLAY, Xperia neo, Xperia mini and mini pro, Xperia pro, Xperia active together with the Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman media player.
The updates will be rolled out in phases as usual, which means that you should not be worried if you haven’t received the notification reminding you that you have an update waiting. Of course for some of you guys locked onto a carrier, the update could be later than others as the update will be subject to carrier approval as well. For more information hop on down to Sony Ericsson’s blog.RELATED
- Wooden Backplates For Verizon's Moto X Shown In Leaked Photo
- Moto G Reportedly Costs Motorola $123 To Manufacture
- Samsung Galaxy J Officially Announced In Taiwan
- Samsung Galaxy J Possibly Teased In Video
- Google News For Android And iOS Gets A Makeover
- Follow: android 4.0, sony ericsson, xperia,
- Seen at: blogs.sonyericsson