When investing in a camera such as a DSLR, brand does play an important role due to amount and type of lenses available for each brand. Unfortunately proprietary lenses tend to cost a lot more, which is why photographers will sometimes turn to brands such as Tamron who make lenses that are compatible on a variety of different camera brands.
The good news for Sony NEX owners is that Tamron has recently introduced a new lens that they’re claiming is the company’s first high-power zoom lens for the NEX series of mirrorless cameras.
The lens that Tamron will be introducing will be the 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DI III VC and it will be compatible with Sony’s series of NEX cameras. It will feature an E-Mount and weighs in at 460g with a 62mm filter diameter. It also comes equipped with Tamron’s own VC (Vibration Compensation) which was designed to help reduce blur while taking handheld shots in low light shooting conditions.
One of the main highlights of this particular Tamron lens is its “step-motor” which was designed to align 100% with the contrast AF system found aboard the NEX cameras. It even features a DMF (Direct Manual Focus) mode that allows for manual focusing by hand even in AF mode. The price of the lens has yet to be confirmed and is expected to be available in 2012, and will come in either black or silver to match the bodies of Sony’s NEX cameras.
Next Story: ZTE has plans for high-end devices in 2012
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17 Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2011-02-08 Sony opens up its E-mount interchangeable lens standard to manufacturers
- 2010-10-07 Sony To Announce New Mirrorless SLR Camera On October 12th?