We all know that Amazon has sold “millions” of Kindle Fire tablets, but what the exact figure is – we’re not so sure. According to an estimation by Jordan Rohan, an analyst at Stifel Nicolas, – the company sold 6 million units of the Android tablet in the last quarter alone. He also believes that the Kindle and the Kindle Fire have effectively become the 3rd major mobile ecosystem after Apple iOS and Google Android – something that competing tablet manufacturers and app developers should take note of.
Amazon will be revealing its Q4 2011 results tomorrow, so hopefully we’ll find out the real number then. But it looks like the Kindle Fire is proving to be a hit for Amazon, despite the company reportedly not making any money from sales of the hardware. What do you think? Is 6 million an accurate estimate of Kindle Fire sales, or should the number be lower or higher?
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Germany Workers Go On Strike Again
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2013-11-18: Original Kindle Fire Receives Unofficial Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2013-11-04: Amazon Kindles Receive Discount To Celebrate FAA's New Rules
- 2013-09-08: Amazon Smartphone Will Be Offered To Customers For Free [Rumor]
- 2011-11-14: Amazon Kindle Fire tablet ships out today
- 2011-10-05: Amazon WhisperSync to take on iCloud?