Motorola took advantage of CES 2012 to announce a spanking new smartphone that further strengthens the Droid RAZR line with the extremely sleek Droid RAZR MAXX, and while there was no word on pricing or availability on the CES showfloor, the proverbial cat’s out of the bag at this moment – as Motorola has gone ahead to state January 26th as the date you will need to mark on your respective calendars if you want to bring home a little bit of Droid RAZR MAXX goodness – via Verizon Wireless, of course. The specifications page is the only one that shows off the January 26th release date, as all the other parts point towards “available soon” according to Androidandme, but when I headed there, there was no January 26th in sight. Perhaps it had been taken down already?
If January 26th is the true blue date, then you do not have that long to saunter around the home, as that is just 10 days or so away. For folks who have lusted after the Droid RAZR but then held your chips because you wanted to see if there is an improved version slightly down the road, the Droid RAZR MAXX might just answer this clarion call, and punters are already pointing towards the Droid RAZR MAXX going for $299 while the original Droid RAZR will see its price slashed to $199.
- 2012-12-25 Droid RAZR And RAZR Maxx Get Jelly Bean Update
- 2012-09-05 Motorola RAZR Maxx HD preview
- 2012-08-12 Motorola DROID RAZR HD and Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD gets October release?
- 2012-06-25 Motorola RAZR Maxx with Android 4.0/ICS Update
- 2012-06-22 Android 4.0 ICS for the Droid RAZR/RAZR MAXX expected to roll out today
- 2012-06-19 Latest Android 4.0 build reportedly rolls out for Droid RAZR/RAZR MAXX testers, final release could be imminent