If you have a tendency to drop your belongings into water and you’re fearful for the life of your new smartphone, you’re in luck. The folks over at Liquipel have come up with a solution to the problem. All you have to do is send your phone in to them and you’ll get it back within a few days after treating it with a special waterproofing technique which will let your device survive trips underwater. That’s not to say you should take it with you to the swimming pool, but in the event you ever get caught in heavy rain without an umbrella or your phone drops into a puddle, you won’t have to worry about it dying.
Prices for waterproofing start at $59, and only certain phones are treatable at the moment. Head over to the Liquipel website to find out more. Check out a video demonstration of its waterproofing treatment in action:
- 2014-04-22: WhatsApp Now Has Half A Billion Active Users
- 2014-04-22: LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22: Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22: Twitter Could Help Predict Crime
- 2014-04-22: Amazon Will Reportedly Change The Way We Interact With Smartphones