The Sony Ericsson Kumquat (ST25i) has been popping up all over the place recently, though with each day bringing us closer to MWC, it’s not hard to see why. The latest about the phone tells us something interesting about the device. Apparently the phone might be called the Sony Ericsson Xperia U when it goes on sale. This information comes from the Indonesian Postel website, which is likely to be an accurate source – since it is the Indonesian Telecoms Regulatory body after all.
It looks like Sony is keeping to the convention of naming its devices Xperia followed by an alphabet – which is quite confusing when it is also keeping names like “ion” around. I wonder what kind of names we’ll be seeing next? The ST25i/Kumquat/Xperia U is expected to be announced at the MWC next month.
- 2013-03-01: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone Jolie Prototype Arrives On eBay
- 2012-07-13: Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-06-04: Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-02-23: Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones
- 2012-02-03: Sony Ericsson Xperia NX up for pre-order next week
- 2012-01-20: Sony Ericsson ST25i "Kumquat" caught in the wild
- 2012-01-09: Sony Ericsson Pepper MT27i images leaked
- 2012-01-06: Sony Ericsson Nozomi leaked ahead of CES