The Bard once said, a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet – and while I agree with that statement in a general manner, surely a console name like the Nintendo Wii U would affect a small minority out there that would only purchase a console based on the coolness level of its name? Word on the street from a Nintendo insider has it that the Japanese company is considering a rebadging of their upcoming Wii U console, and might just call it something else. Right now, we will just have to make do with the Wii U as a frame of reference, and the Japanese gaming company certainly needs a hit in the next console, so perhaps maximizing its chances by giving it a decent name which appeals to the masses might just do the trick? Should Nintendo rename their upcoming console, what would you like to have Nintendo call it?
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-24: Redbox May Offer PS4, Xbox One And Wii U Rentals Soon
- 2014-03-24: Over 50 Unity Titles Developed For The Wii U
- 2014-03-06: Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition Revealed
- 2014-02-27: Fable Creator Calls The Wii U Awkward And Clumsy