If you own an ASUS Transformer Prime tablet, look out for a new OTA update that is being delivered to the Android device today. Apparently the update brings the tablet up to version 184.108.40.206, kernel version 220.127.116.11 and WiFi to version 18.104.22.168 and Bluetooth to 9.26. The update is said to fix previously reported problems that were plaguing the Transformer Prime in the past: random reboots, screen flickering, and apps crashing.
The new update also improves the speed of WiFi, but it does break root access – for those of you that have it on your tablet. The update should be rolling out now for everyone in the US, but if you haven’t received the notification yet, go to Settings > About Tablet > System Firmware update to manually request it. Let us know how the update goes for you.
Next Story: Google Chrome web browser updated
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2013-03-03: ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 Gets Android 4.2 Update
- 2012-03-29: ASUS Italy details "awesome new features" in upcoming Transformer Prime update
- 2012-01-16: Transformer Prime 3G nothing more than a rumor says ASUS
- 2012-01-11: ASUS Transformer Prime Ice Cream Sandwich demonstrated (video)
- 2012-01-09: Asus tablet demonstrates Tegra 3, Transformer Prime gets ICS update