The US Military has access to some of the most advanced weapons in the world, so it is no surprise to see that the Active Denial System is real and ready to rock and roll. Basically, the Active Denial System will deliver a sensation of unbearable, sudden heat – thanks to it being “fired” as a strong electromagnetic beam. Painful, yes, but lethal, no. U.S. Marine Colonel Tracy Taffola, director the Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate, Marine Corps Base Quantico, says, “You’re not gonna see it, you’re not gonna hear it, you’re not gonna smell it: you’re gonna feel it.” The effect is said to be so effective, that anyone on the receiving end would flee instinctively, and in a jiffy to boot. It has a range of approximately 1 kilometer, making it an effective weapon to systematically flush people out from a building, or into a dragnet. The Active Denial System is ready to be manufactured should the Pentagon place an order, and hopefully enemies will not be able to get their hands on such a weapon – let alone develop something like it.
- 2014-04-18: Hybrid Motorcycles To Serve The Army Soon
- 2014-04-15: US Military To Work On Stealth Dirt Bike
- 2014-04-13: U.S. Navy Turns Seawater Into Fuel For Its Vessels
- 2014-04-10: DARPA Gives Drones Second Life By Turning Them Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- 2014-04-09: Google Glass Being Tested By The US Air Force