It’s been quite awhile since Amazon set foot into the Android app business by launching its own app store – the Android Appstore. Today, Amazon announced the Appstore’s first birthday and to commemorate it, they’ve decided to give Amazon customers a whole week of deals for some of its most popular apps. Today, customers will be able to purchase Plants vs. Zombies at 67% off – that’s $0.99 for one of the most popular games available on the store.
Tomorrow, Amazon will be announcing two more app deals, three on the third day, and so on for the whole week. Besides app discounts, Amazon will also be holding a Birthday Giveaway that will award a Kindle Fire to eight lucky winners who enter the sweepstakes by March 31st. It looks like there’s going to be something for everyone in this weeklong celebration. If you’re keen on finding out which apps are being given away or discounted, or you want to enter the sweepstakes, head over to Amazon’s website for more details.
Next Story: Sony Xperia Sola hands-on
- 2014-04-11: Mathematicians Develop App That Will Supposedly Eliminate Jetlag
- 2014-04-11: Hitman GO Arriving On iOS 17th April
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2014-04-09: Mobile Gamers Tend To Quit After One Day, According To Study
- 2013-12-24: Get Free $5 Amazon Appstore Credit With Any App Download Through December 28
- 2013-04-17: Amazon Android Appstore Expanding To Nearly 200 Countries
- 2012-12-19: Amazon Mobile For Android Updated With Push Notifications For Shipments and Arrivals
- 2011-09-20: Amazon Appstore available out of the US? (Updated)
- 2011-03-22: Amazon launches Appstore with Angry Birds Rio and gets sued by Apple