Angry Birds Space is definitely flying high – have seen more than 10 million downloads in a week, we now have word that the mobile game has seen our angry feathered friends move beyond the 20 million download mark in a week, across all platforms. No idea on the ratio between the paid and free versions, but either way, this is an extremely impressive figure which we are talking about. Basically, Rovio tweeted, “Over 20 Million downloads in our first week… That’s a lot of pig popping! #angrybirdsspace”. Angry Bird Space is perched right on top of Apple’s App Store list where the top grossing apps are concerned, easily knocking off OMGPOP’s (who has since been acquired by Zynga) Draw Something from the top position. Somehow, it does seem as though the Angry Birds train shows no sign of derailing, with each new iteration of the game performing better than the previous one. Something tells me Rovio will never be able to recreate the magic of Angry Birds in other game titles down the road…even if they dare to do so.
- 2013-05-31: Angry Birds Space Makes It Way Onto Blackberry 10
- 2013-01-11: Angry Birds Space "Splash" Update Now Available
- 2012-11-07: Angry Birds Space now available for Windows Phone 8
- 2012-11-02: Angry Birds Space updated with 10 new levels
- 2012-06-21: Rovio launches free version of Angry Birds Space for iOS devices
- 2012-05-31: Angry Birds Space updated with Utopia episode