Looking forward to some new low-cost tablets from ARCHOS? Well, the folks over at arctablet.com have somehow managed to get their hands on pictures and details of ARCHOS’ upcoming Arnova G3 tablets and posted them online. All the tablets still feature RK2918 processors except for the Arnova 7c G3 which features the new RK30 processor. Apparently the tablets are already being manufactured, with some Chinese resellers already carrying them in stock.
First up we have the Arnova 7c G3 – it features a 7″ capacitive (800 x 480) display, a 1.4GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 processor, 1GB of RAM, 4GB of internal memory, 0.3-megapixel front facing camera, 3-megapixel rear camera, micro HDMI, Bluetooth, WiFi-N, GPS with Sygic preinstalled, a thickness of 10.5mm and will only weigh 370g . Android Ice Cream Sandwich will be the operating system of choice, unfortunately it won’t be shipping with Google Market (ARCHOS is reportedly working with Google to make that happen).
The Arnova 7b G3 will have a 7″ capacitive display, 1GHz RK2918 processor, 1GB of RAM, Android 4.0, 4GB of internal memory and will weigh 350g. The Arnova 8b G3 will feature an 8″ capacitive display (800 x 600), 1GB of RAM, Android 4.0, 4GB of internal storage and will weigh 510g. Then there is the Arnova 9 G3 with a 9.7″ (1024 x 768) IPS display, 1GB of RAM, Android Ice Cream Sandwich, 4GB of internal storage and will weight 630g.
Next, we have the larger 10″ models with the Arnova 10b G3 and Arnova 10b G3 Dual Touch. The tablets will feature a 1GHz RK2918 processor, 10″ (1024 x 600) displays, 1GB of RAM, Android 4.0, 4GB of flash memory, and will weigh 715g. The difference between dual-touch and non-dual-touch being capacitive touch for the latter and resistive dual-touch displays for the former.
There is also going to be the Arnova 7d G3 which is basically the Arnova Child Pad – but without the bright colors. Anyone get the feeling like ARCHOS is pumping out tablets like its life depended on it? More details about the tablet here.
- 2014-02-26: Archos CEO Accidentally Kills Phone During Demonstration
- 2014-02-20: Archos 50c Oxygen & 64 Xenon Smartphones Announced
- 2014-02-20: Archos 40b Titanium Is Aimed At The Music Lover
- 2014-02-20: Archos 80 Helium 4G Tablet Unveiled
- 2014-02-02: Archos Neon Trio Of Tablets Unveiled
- 2013-10-09: Archos GamePad 2 Announced
- 2013-04-18: Archos 35, 50 and 53: New Affordable Unlocked Android Smartphones
- 2013-03-22: Archos GamePad Now Available In U.S. For $179
- 2013-02-19: Archos Set To Join The Android Phone Race [Rumor]