It’s not Ice Cream Sandwich, but a new update is rolling out for Motorola RAZR (DROID RAZR in the US) owners in Europe. According to an announcement on Motorola Europe’s Facebook page, the update is rolling out today in the UK, Italy, France and Spain. It bumps the phone up to version SPU15 and Android 2.3.6 plus a whole bunch of improvements and bug fixes. First up, users will get a new UI for the settings menu, and the option to auto upload photos from the RAZR to a connected PC.
Users will also get new Smart Actions, a VIP Caller Mode, improved battery performance, stability, tweaks to the phone’s camera, as well as a Google security patch. The update is rolling out over the air, so if you happen to own one of those devices in be sure to look out for a notification. As usual, backup your phone before updating it – you never know what could go wrong.
Next Story: Skyrim updated to version 1.5
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2012-04-05: Android 4.0 update for Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX is a no-show
- 2012-04-02: Droid RAZR, RAZR MAXX rumored to receive Android 4.0 update 4th April, HTC Rezound 6th April
- 2012-03-28: Verizon DROID RAZR gets a DIY RAZR MAXX conversion kit
- 2012-02-20: Verizon's Droid RAZR leaked screenshots show Android 4.0.3 build, update imminent?
- 2012-02-07: Motorola Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX gets Android 2.3.6 OTA update