If you were hoping to get your hands on the Archos Child Pad for your kid, the bad news is that the tablet has been delayed. The tablet was originally slated for an end of March release, but given that we’re nearly at the end of April, safe to say the tablet has been delayed. According to the folks over at PC Advisor, the tablet is now scheduled for a mid-May release instead, so if you were hoping to get your hands on the tablet, mid-May might be your best bet.
For those unfamiliar with the Archos Child Pad, the tablet was announced earlier this year by Archos as a 7” Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich designed for children in mind. It features a tweaked user interface that supposedly will make it easy for kids to navigate, and will come preloaded with apps designed for children in mind along with some safety features that will block children from accessing the unsavory portion of the internet. As far as hardware is concerned, the Child Pad will sport a 1GHz and 1GB of RAM under its hood and is expected to retail for a pretty affordable $129.
- 2014-02-26: Archos CEO Accidentally Kills Phone During Demonstration
- 2014-02-20: Archos 50c Oxygen & 64 Xenon Smartphones Announced
- 2014-02-20: Archos 40b Titanium Is Aimed At The Music Lover
- 2014-02-20: Archos 80 Helium 4G Tablet Unveiled
- 2014-02-02: Archos Neon Trio Of Tablets Unveiled