Touchscreen manufacturing company Atmel may not be the most famous company around but they contributed to the touchscreen available on devices such as the Galaxy Note and the Galaxy Tab. Now, the company has come up with a newer and cooler piece of technology. From the depths of the company’s California headquarters, they have created the XSense which is described to be a flexible, super-thin, film-based touch sensor that can be bent and shaped into any way you choose while maintaining the accuracy of viewing and touching.
While the potential of this is mind-boggling, for now we can safely say that the XSense will allow phones or tablets to be created without edges, bezels and maybe without even a casing. The possibilities seem to be endless. Although most of us might not want a mouse like shaped phone digging into our thigh, you get the idea. Embedded above is the concept video of the innovation. Let us know what you think about it and if you have any ideas about it.
Next Story: Prototype Google Glasses Spotted on Sergey Brin
- 2014-04-08: More iPhone 6 Concept Renders Based On Leaked Schematics
- 2014-04-07: Analyst: Apple iWatch To Get UV Exposure Sensors
- 2014-03-31: iPhone 6 Concept Based On Alleged Leaked Schematics
- 2014-03-18: Lash Is A Light Attachment Concept For Spray Cans
- 2014-03-13: dataSTICKIES Concept USB Flash Drive