The Pictionary-style game, Draw Something by OMGPOP which was acquired by Zynga for a reported $180million, has passed the 50 million download mark in just 50 days after hitting 20 million in about 35 days. This officially makes the game the fastest-growing original mobile game of all time. The game which was overshadowed when Angry Birds Space was released found its feet again and managed to retake the top spot as the No.1 paid app in the App Store.
VentureBeat reports that more than 6 billion drawings have been created in the game. They go on to explain that on the day of the game’s launch, there were 3 drawings going on in a second but now the number has escalated to an amazing 3,000 drawings per second. It seems like the company did a good job with the updates pumped out to prevent the game from going stale.
As an added fun fact, VentureBeat also stated that the most popular words in the game are Starfish, Pregnant, Hangman, Six Pack and Boom Box while the least popular one is Latrine. If you haven’t played the game yet, do head over to iTunes with this link and download the record-breaking game.
- 2013-06-05: OMGPop Shuts Down, Cost Zynga $450k A Day
- 2013-04-12: Draw Something App Might Ends Up As A Game Show
- 2012-11-12: Words with Friends and Draw Something makes its way on Windows Phone
- 2012-06-19: Zynga's Draw Something will be made into a television game show
- 2012-05-07: Draw Something allows advertisers to insert their own guess words