The Samsung Galaxy S3 certainly lit up newswires and websites today, with many rumors surrounding it being sparked to greater life than ever before. Well, one of the unique selling points of the Galaxy S3 was touted to be a ceramic body, but it seems that Pantech might have beaten Samsung to the punch with the Pantech Vega Racer 2 which will come with a ceramic body. Naturally, Pantech is quick to capitalize on this by claiming that this is the first of its kind in the smartphone world, and as for the other specifications, they are available right after the jump.
Expect the Vega Racer 2 to come with a 4.8″ 720p HD touchscreen display, a dual-core Qualcomm MSM8960 processor that will most probably run at 1.5GHz, LTE connectivity, as well as the glass ceramic coating that ought to make it more durable than a standard piece of plastic. Does this mean there is no more need for a smartphone case? I doubt that, but at least it will add a touch of class. No idea on whether this will arrive anywhere outside of South Korea or not, but one can always remain hopeful, right?
Next Story: Google ends e-book sales via independent stores
- 2014-03-19: Samsung Galaxy Note 4, LG G3, Vega Iron 2 Will Be Waterproof Devices
- 2014-03-10: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Could Be First To Rock Snapdragon 805 Processor
- 2014-01-16: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Rumored For April Released
- 2013-12-05: Pantech Vega Secret Up Announced With Fingerprint Sensor
- 2013-11-27: Pantech Has Plans For Smartphone With Fingerprint Recognition Sensor