Resident Evil 6’s release date having been brought forward to the 2nd of October, and in an interview conducted by IGN with the game’s producers, Yoshiaki Hirabayashi and Hiroyuki Kobayashi, a question was posed to both of them regarding the possibility of the game making its way onto the upcoming Nintendo Wii U. Unfortunately it according to its producers, the game will not be arriving on the Wii U.
“Unfortunately, RE6 will not be available at this time on the Wii U [...] Right now we’re concentrating on the PlayStation 3 version, 360 version and the PC version of the game.”
At the moment the game will be available for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and the PC, but interestingly Kobayashi’s choice of words, “at this time”, seems to suggest that a Wii U version of Resident Evil 6 could be possible in the future. Until that time has come, gamers looking forward to playing RE6 will have the earlier mentioned three platforms to choose from.
Next Story: LG Google TV 2.0 to launch this weekend? [Rumor]
- 2014-04-22: New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-21: Nintendo Game Boy Officially Turns 25 Years Old
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players