Resident Evil 6’s release date having been brought forward to the 2nd of October, and in an interview conducted by IGN with the game’s producers, Yoshiaki Hirabayashi and Hiroyuki Kobayashi, a question was posed to both of them regarding the possibility of the game making its way onto the upcoming Nintendo Wii U. Unfortunately it according to its producers, the game will not be arriving on the Wii U.
“Unfortunately, RE6 will not be available at this time on the Wii U [...] Right now we’re concentrating on the PlayStation 3 version, 360 version and the PC version of the game.”
At the moment the game will be available for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and the PC, but interestingly Kobayashi’s choice of words, “at this time”, seems to suggest that a Wii U version of Resident Evil 6 could be possible in the future. Until that time has come, gamers looking forward to playing RE6 will have the earlier mentioned three platforms to choose from.
Next Story: LG Google TV 2.0 to launch this weekend? [Rumor]
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-24: Over 50 Unity Titles Developed For The Wii U
- 2014-03-06: Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition Revealed