Let’s face it, while the new iPad certainly features a camera that’s a lot better than its predecessor, it’s hard to look cool when you’re trying to frame a shot or while taking a video with a large tablet in your hand. However if videography is your thing, the Padcaster case might be just what you need. The case itself is rather simple in design, but the beauty of it is that not only does it allow you to mount the iPad onto a camera’s tripod, but it will also allow you to hook up a variety of DSLR lenses that you might have lying around.
The Padcaster will also allow you to hook up an external microphone for better sound quality, and since it’s all connected to your iPad, you should have no problems shooting, editing and posting up a video all from the same device. Let’s not forget that the new iPad’s Retina display and its size would be a videographer’s dream come true in terms of a view-finder/display. It is expected to be made available soon for a price of $199. In the mean time, check out the video below which was shot and cut using iPad with the Padcaster.
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-23 iPad Dominates U.S. Tablet Market But Others Are Catching Up
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad