It has long been suggested that Apple is looking integrate the Baidu search engine into iOS. This is done in part to make the iPhone a more attractive purchase for their customers in China, where it so happens that Baidu reportedly accounts for 83.6 percent of the local market, a number which we’re sure Apple would love to see as their market share in China. So far there hasn’t been anything to suggest that the update would be coming soon, but according to a Sina Tech report, it looks as though the iOS update that will bring Baidu integrated is expected to arrive next month.
This information was supposedly given by a Baidu product manager who revealed that their company had managed to finalize an agreement with Apple over the search engine’s integration. So is this for real? A Baidu representative has stated that they cannot comment on rumors, while Apple has unsurprisingly remained mum on this issue. Either we will be keeping an eye on this so be sure to check back with us later for more updates.
- 2014-03-28: Baidu Achieves Victory In U.S. Lawsuit Concerning Censored Search Results
- 2013-04-04: Microsoft Reportedly Launching Its Google Glass Rival In 2014
- 2013-04-03: Baidu Confirms That It Is Developing Google Glass Rival
- 2013-04-02: Baidu Developing Its Google Glass Rival Called Eye
- 2012-08-09: Baidu Maps arrives as Windows Phone app