While earbuds undoubtedly have the ability to offer up audiophile quality sounds (think Shure SE535), the type of sound offered and the comfort will no doubt differ from headphones. This has led to some users purchasing both headphones and earbuds to suit their needs, but if you don’t think you have the money for high-end headphones and earbuds, this Ear Adapter by designer JC Karich might be worth checking out.
As the name itself has probably implied, the Ear Adapter allows users to fit their earbuds into slots on a headphone-like structure (which includes cushioning for the ears), thus providing users with the comfort and styling of headphones. We have to admit that this is a pretty clever idea and while we can’t speak for the quality of the audio after it has been adapted into the Ear Adapter, its design is currently available on Thingiverse and can be printed out on a 3D printer if you have access to one. In the mean time you can check out the video below to see the Ear Adapter in action.RELATED
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Beats Music Streaming Service U.S. Launch Is Next Month
- LG Tone Ultra Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced
- Razer Kraken Forged Edition Headphones Introduced
- ROCKI WiFi Music System Lets Any Speaker Playback Wirelessly
- Seen at: designboom