Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto 5 is probably one of the more anticipated games of 2012 but unfortunately no official word has been given about a possible release date. Last week we reported that according to Michael Pachter of Wedbush Securities, we could see a launch of Grand Theft Auto 5 come October 2012. However another games analyst, Colin Sebastian seems to think otherwise, and has since stated (via Videogamer) that gamers looking to get their hands on the game will most likely have to wait until 2013.
He claims that this is due to Rockstar’s impending release of Max Payne 3 which would cause unnecessary competition amongst their own titles, and not to mention with titles such as Diablo 3, Halo 4 and Assassin’s Creed 3 scheduled for a release this year, competition would indeed be stiff. However a 2013 release would see competition with titles such as God of War: Ascension but since competition with other titles is inevitable, we guess competition with their own titles is probably what they’re trying to avoid. So, which analyst do you think makes the most sense here?
- 2013-10-30 Rockstar Rewarding Unique Selfies With GTA 5 #EpicPhotobomb Contest
- 2013-09-20 GTA 5 Earns $1 Billion In Three Days
- 2013-09-16 Grand Theft Auto iFruit Companion App For iOS Released
- 2013-08-26 Additional GTA 5 Special, Collector's Edition Details And Screens Emerge
- 2013-07-10 GTA 5 Will Feature Customizable Weapons, Vehicles
- 2012-11-02 Grand Theft Auto 5 leaked promotional materials give away some of the locations within the game
- 2012-10-29 Leaked Grand Theft Auto 5 promo materials point at Spring 2013 release
- 2012-10-25 Rockstar unveils first official Grand Theft Auto 5 artwork