Huawei certainly isn’t one of the names that you think of when it comes to Android tablet, but that being said, the company’s 7” MediaPad tablet released last year did come with some pretty decent specs. In any case if you managed to get your hands on the tablet, you will be pleased to learn that Huawei has begun rolling out the highly-anticipated Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update to the MediaPad. This will not be an OTA update so MediaPad owners will have to pop on over to Huawei’s website for the 330MB update.
However it should be noted that T-Mobile subscribers will have to wait for an update of their own, possibly due to the carrier screening and checking the update before pushing it out to their subscribers. For those who might have forgotten, the Huawei MediaPad features a 7” 1280×800 display, a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, front and rear-facing cameras and was the first 7” tablet to be shipped with Android 3.2 Honeycomb preinstalled.
Next Story: T-Mobile to launch Huawei Prism come 6th May?
- 2014-04-14: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend P7 Photos Leaked Again
- 2012-08-10: Huawei MediaPad 10 FHD poses for the FCC
- 2012-07-24: Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite unveiled, comes with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2012-02-27: Huawei MediaPad 10 FHD – official specs
- 2012-02-14: Huawei to announce Ascend D1 Q and MediaPad 10 at MWC 2012?
- 2012-01-11: Huawei MediaPad to be preloaded with Ice Cream Sandwich