Boy, do we hate recalls. After all, it just goes to show that things do get pear shaped once in a while, and Lenovo has stepped forward to announce that they will be recalling 188,000 ThinkCentre all-in-one machines that fall under the M70z and M90z model numbers. Just what is wrong with 188,000 of these machines? Well, it seems that select purchases have the possibility of a faulty component within its embedded power supply, and to date, a couple of units decided to perform a self-immolation ritual out of protest. You would do well to check the serial number of your machine assuming you are using either a M70z or the M90z. The serial number is located at the base of the housing, so if you happen to be one of those affected, just remain calm, shut down the computer, unplug it and hold out for a replacement. The 188,000 figure seems to be slightly more than the 160,000 that we reported a couple of months ago – perhaps there has been a change and more units were affected than originally thought?
- 2014-04-23 Next-gen Moto X & Moto G Will Continue To Use Near-Stock Android
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-21 Uber Giveaway: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, Yoga Tablet 8 and Mixx 2
- 2014-04-15 Lenovo FLEX 2 Laptops Announced
- 2014-04-15 Lenovo Z40 & Z50 Entertainment-Focused Laptops Announced