The LG Nitro HD was one of the first smartphones over at AT&T’s network to feature a 720p capable display that certainly wowed ordinary folks back in the day, but since then, 720p displays have more or less become the norm. Well, it is rather unfortunate that what used to be the flagship model from LG has ended up with just Android 2.3 Gingerbread as the operating system of choice, even though many other devices are already starting to receive the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update. Still, not all hope is lost, as a leaked version of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for the LG Nitro HD has been spotted running in the wild. Apparently, a selection of the smartphone’s variants had already undergone testing in order to make sure that things would run smoothly, including models from AT&T, Bell, and Fido. Some did mention that issues have cropped up (what did you expect, perfection?) like the IMEI ending up AWOL with the leaked build, but then again, this is a leaked build, so do expect problems to rear their ugly face.
Next Story: Yahoo! Axis an attempt to change the search game
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2012-08-24: LG Singapore confirms Ice Cream Sandwich headed for Optimus 2X, Black, 3D, LTE, Prada
- 2012-08-20: LG Optimus Black to receive Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update?
- 2012-08-14: LG Optimus 2X confirmed for Ice Cream Sandwich in South Korea
- 2012-08-13: LG Optimus 2X to receive Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich?
- 2012-07-30: LG Optimus 2X denied Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich