In several hours, Samsung is expected to announce its upcoming flagship Android handset, the Galaxy S3. However it seems that another Korean manufacturer has an announcement of its own to make as well – Pantech has announced that come next week, the company’s newly launched Vega Racer 2 is expected to arrive on all three major Korean carriers.
The handset is expected to feature a 4.8” 720p HD display, a 2,020mAh battery, LTE connectivity, a 1.5GHz processor with an Adreno 225 GPU and will run on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The device is also expected to feature voice commands that will allow users to take photos via a vocal command among other examples. The handset will measure 9.35mm thick and weighs less than 133g and will feature 9.5 hours of talk time and 245 hours on standby. No word on pricing or international availability just yet. [Press release]
- 2014-03-19: Samsung Galaxy Note 4, LG G3, Vega Iron 2 Will Be Waterproof Devices
- 2014-03-10: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Could Be First To Rock Snapdragon 805 Processor
- 2014-01-16: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Rumored For April Released
- 2013-12-05: Pantech Vega Secret Up Announced With Fingerprint Sensor
- 2013-11-27: Pantech Has Plans For Smartphone With Fingerprint Recognition Sensor