Prior to Dell announcing that their series of Alienware laptops would be getting an upgrade to Ivy Bridge, there was a brief moment where the Alienware laptops were refreshed with Sandy Bridge still on board. If you haven’t been following the news, you might have accidentally gone to Dell’s website and plonked down a ton of cash on a laptop only to find out that they have since been upgraded. We’re sure that there are probably a ton of Alienware customers out there in this situation but fret not; Dell has announced that Alienware laptops that have not been shipped from their warehouse will be upgraded to a “comparably-priced” Ivy Bridge processor for free! We’re sure that this will probably delay your laptop further but hey, an upgrade to the latest Intel processor and for free? We’re finding it very, very hard to complain! Pop on over to Dell’s website for the details.
- 2014-01-23: Alienware Steam Machine Can Be Upgraded After All
- 2014-01-21: Alienware's Steam Machines Will Not Be Upgradeable, Released On A Yearly Cycle
- 2014-01-15: Alienware's Steam Machines To Arrive In September
- 2013-10-24: Alienware Offers Console Trade In Program
- 2013-09-11: Alienware Aurora Gaming Desktop Now Packs Ivy Bridge-E Processors
- 2013-09-02: Ivy Bridge-E Processors Expected To Be Unveiled At IDF 2013
- 2012-12-10: Intel Readies 13W CPUs, Dives Deeper in Low-Power Territory
- 2011-10-03: Dell to unveil new Ultrabooks at CES 2012?