With Amazon’s Kindle Fire launching last year with great success, it is not a stretch of the imagination to think that a successor could already be in the works. In fact there have been many rumors suggesting a larger Kindle Fire alongside the 7” model this year, but whichever the case, the folks at CNET have been tipped that Amazon is set to launch the Kindle Fire 2 this summer and could be targeting a 31st of July launch. Unfortunately at the moment, the specs of the device cannot be confirmed. The only rumor of its specs is about a possible increase in its display resolution to that of 1280×800, but apart from that it has been rather quiet on the rumor front.
Could Amazon be launching a refreshed version of the Kindle Fire, or are they looking at a complete overhaul? After all assuming the leaked specs of Google’s Nexus 7 tablet is to be believed, Amazon has their work cut out for them if they hope to remain competitive in the $199 price category. Either way if the 31st of July date pans out, we guess we have a little over a month of waiting to see if it becomes true, and we also expect more leaks and images to appear as the date approaches, so be sure to check back with us for more updates!
- Microsoft Rumored To Be Launching Low-Cost Windows Tablets In India
- Galaxy NotePro 12.2 & G Pad 8.3 Pegged For 6th March Launch On Verizon [Rumor]
- Microsoft Surface Mini Rumored For June Announcement
- Alleged Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Specs Leaked
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued