With Amazon’s Kindle Fire launching last year with great success, it is not a stretch of the imagination to think that a successor could already be in the works. In fact there have been many rumors suggesting a larger Kindle Fire alongside the 7” model this year, but whichever the case, the folks at CNET have been tipped that Amazon is set to launch the Kindle Fire 2 this summer and could be targeting a 31st of July launch. Unfortunately at the moment, the specs of the device cannot be confirmed. The only rumor of its specs is about a possible increase in its display resolution to that of 1280×800, but apart from that it has been rather quiet on the rumor front.
Could Amazon be launching a refreshed version of the Kindle Fire, or are they looking at a complete overhaul? After all assuming the leaked specs of Google’s Nexus 7 tablet is to be believed, Amazon has their work cut out for them if they hope to remain competitive in the $199 price category. Either way if the 31st of July date pans out, we guess we have a little over a month of waiting to see if it becomes true, and we also expect more leaks and images to appear as the date approaches, so be sure to check back with us for more updates!
- 2014-04-24 Amazon Reportedly Wants To Be Its Own Delivery Service
- 2014-04-24 Amazon Puts Grocery Stores In Crosshairs With Prime Pantry Service
- 2014-04-23 HBO Go Coming To Fire TV, Amazon Instant Video Gets HBO Shows
- 2014-04-23 Siri Might Find Its Way Into The New Apple TV
- 2014-04-22 Amazon Will Reportedly Change The Way We Interact With Smartphones