Good news photographers, if you constantly shoot in the RAW format, you might be interested to learn that Apple has released the Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 3.14 recently. This update will bring about RAW image compatibility to some of Apple’s photo editing software, such as Aperture and iPhoto ’11, for the Canon EOS Rebel T4i, the 650D, the Kiss X6i and Sony’s Alpha SLT-A37. It should be available via the Software Update in OS X Lion, or users can just head on over to Apple’s website for the direct download. The addition of RAW image support is pretty important as some photographers prefer shooting in RAW format, especially since it produces minimally processed photos, allowing photographers to change its white balance and tweak it (via software like Aperture or Adobe Lightroom) before processing it into the final image.
- 2014-03-12: Apple Stepping Up Camera Efforts In Recent Job Listings
- 2013-12-17: Replay for iOS Makes Cool Videos Automatically in Seconds
- 2013-12-05: Lightstrap Turns Your iPhone Into A Flash Ring
- 2013-11-27: Apple Patent Reveals Lytro-like Camera Plans
- 2013-11-25: PanoPal Is An iPhone, Android Accessory That Helps Take Panoramic Shots