One of the cool things about the iPad Smart Cover is that it’s minimalist. It’s not bulky and does a perfectly fine job protecting your screen, not to mention it is good enough to prop your iPad up for web surfing or for watching movies. The downside to the original Smart Cover is that it left the back of the iPad exposed and open to scratches, but the good news is that Apple has since introduced a new iPad casing that not only will protect the front, but the back of the iPad as well! Dubbed the iPad Smart Case, this basically combines the Smart Cover with a polyurethane hardshell and is expected to be compatible with both the second and third-generation iPad. It is retailing for $50 and if you were worried that the hardshell backing will hide your engraving on your iPad, fret not as the Smart Case will also offer custom engraving and will be available in six different colors. [Product page]
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2014-04-08: Decision To Ship Office For iPad Was Made During Steve Ballmer's Tenure