A few days ago, we reported that according to reports, it has been rumored that Google’s Nexus tablet is expected to be officially launched towards the end of June, which so happens is when Google I/O will be held. Perhaps corroborating those rumors, the folks at Android Authority are claiming that according to an ASUS rep (who wishes to remain anonymous), they revealed to them at Computex that ASUS is indeed working with Google on their Nexus tablet and that it will be arriving towards the end of June. Unfortunately apart from the “confirmation”, the ASUS rep did not reveal anything else other than to say “it will be awesome”.
Rumor has it that Google has been working on a Nexus tablet for quite a while now, and it wasn’t too long ago that the rumors pointed at ASUS as the possible manufacturer. Given the company’s success and track record with their Transformer series of Android tablets, safe to say that this did not come as a complete surprise. Assuming the reports and rumors are to be believed, an ASUS-made Google Nexus tablet is indeed a device we are most definitely looking forward to. We suggest taking this with a grain of salt for now and check back with us towards the end of the month for the details.RELATED
- Samsung Rumored To Be Working On 8-inch And 10-inch AMOLED Tablets
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]
- 8-Inch Nokia Lumia 2020 Launching In Early 2014 [Rumor]
- Nintendo Rumored To Develop Educational Android Tablet
- 12.9-Inch iPad To Arrive Early Next Year, Says First Tier Display Supplier
- Seen at: androidauthority