We’ve seen some pretty cool iPhone/iPod speaker docks in the past, but if you’re a car enthusiast and you’re looking for something a little more outrageous, then these hot rod speakers might just do the trick. Hand built and made from aluminum, these speaker docks have been shaped and designed to look like actual exhaust pipes from hot rods, and we have to admit that they come pretty close! Designed in Italy, these docks dubbed the iXoost docks will come in three different models – eight cylinders, ten cylinders and twelve cylinders.
Both the eight and ten cylinder models feature two 28mm tweeters, two 25mm mid-ranges, a 100mm sub for the eight cylinder and a 200mm sub for the ten cylinder model. The twelve cylinder model on the other hand will be adding a third tweeter, mid-range and 100mm sub to the device. The iXoost docks are expected to be available in a variety of different colors, finishes and leather trims. No word on how much they will cost but given that each is handcrafted, we don’t expect them to come cheap. More information and photos of the docks can be found at iXoost’s website.
- 2014-04-11: Apple Reportedly Blocking Music Rivals From Purchasing iAds
- 2014-04-11: High Definition Audio Files Coming To iTunes In June [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Major iTunes Music Store Revamp Possible
- 2014-03-02: Apple Reportedly Pressuring Music Labels For Exclusive Releases
- 2013-12-16: Beyonce New Album Breaks iTunes Record