When it comes to Android tablets, we have to admit that LG is not a name that immediately comes to mind. Other brands like ASUS, Samsung, Motorola and Amazon are probably more prominent, but that’s not to say that LG doesn’t have tablets of their own. However if you were hoping to see more LG tablets in the future, you might be disappointed. According to a report from Bloomberg, LG has announced that they will be putting all tablet development on hold for now while they focus their efforts on their smartphones. Some have speculated that this might have something to do with Microsoft’s recently announced Surface Windows 8 tablet that they unveiled just yesterday. That apparently isn’t the case as an LG spokesperson has been quoted as saying, “LG doesn’t see Surface competing with anything we’re focusing on at the moment.” Whatever the case if you were looking forward to seeing more tablets from LG, like the Optimus Pad LTE, we guess you’re in for a long wait.
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked