Mozilla is saying, via its Twitter account, that something big is coming to Firefox for Android next week. Judging from the photo that you can see above, it appears that something fast, smart, and safe is coming. Currently, Firefox for Android is still in beta. But with the tight competition it is facing, the app definitely has to improve. So far the development has been consistent, yet it may be too slow for many. While I have a deep respect for Firefox, I’m currently using a different browser on my Android device.
So, let’s hope that Mozilla’s announcement today of something “fast, smart, and safe” will be “something big” indeed. This will be interesting, considering the fact that Google I/O is happening next week. It’s been rumored that Google could unveil Android Jelly Bean at the said event with Chrome as its standard browser. But as with all rumors, let’s take it with a grain of salt. Meanwhile, let’s wait for Mozilla’s surprise.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-02-05: Mozilla's Firefox Launcher For Android Revealed
- 2012-03-20: Firefox Alpha released for ARMv6 Android devices
- 2011-11-23: Firefox for Android nightly builds available today
- 2011-08-30: Mozilla working on a tablet version of Firefox
- 2011-03-29: Firefox 4 Mobile for Android released