It was just yesterday that we brought you news that bonus items for Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 were revealed, and here we are with another bit of news which will surely keep all of you Pokémon fans happy, knowing that there is still plenty of demand for the title, and the franchise is nowhere near its last legs. After all, Pokémon Black & White 2 managed to live up to its pre-order promise, moving a whopping 1,618,621 copies of the game in Japan in just two days. Enterbrain claims that this figure would make it rank third on the all time list where DS launches are concerned, and it is also the first game that surpassed the one million mark in first week sales for 2012 – regardless of the platform.
As for the fastest selling 3DS game to date, it would be the predecessor of Pokémon Black & White 2, where that title managed to move a whopping 2,637,285 units in its first week – and that was back in September 2010. It covered that much ground in just two days as well.
Next Story: Lenovo IdeaTab S2109 gets FCC nod of approval
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-04-06: Super Press Start Shows Off All SNES Start Screens
- 2014-03-23: Unique Nintendo 3DS Tells The World You’re A Pokemon Master
- 2014-02-25: Free Pokemon X Or Y Next Month From Nintendo
- 2014-02-17: Nintendo Announces New Diancie Pokemon
- 2013-12-04: Nintendo 2DS Bundled With Pokemon X/Y Coming Dec. 6
- 2013-11-08: Nintendo Trademarks "Great Detective Pikachu" Title