We’re sure that many gamers out there are familiar with Activision-Blizzard which is owned by Vivendi. Well according to reports, it seems that Vivendi might be considering selling off that particular arm. Why is this so? After all Activision’s shares grew by 4.5% last year, but apparently Vivendi is doing so well itself and has seen their shares drop by 28% in the past twelve months. This has led the company to reorganize their assets, and the sale of Activision-Blizzard would help with that, at least that’s what the rumors are saying. According to a Bloomberg report, they have valued the company to be worth around $13 billion and could be either sold off as a whole or in parts. Neither Vivendi nor Activision were willing to comment on the issue yet. It is unclear as to how the sale, if true, will affect future games both published and developed (think Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, etc) so we guess we will have to wait and see.
- 2013-07-26: Activision Blizzard Buys Itself Back From Vivendi For $8 Billion
- 2013-06-06: Diablo 3 Launching On PS3, Xbox 360 September 3
- 2012-09-17: World of Warcraft patent infringement case set for hearing in 2013
- 2012-06-08: Vivendi reportedly looking to sell off Activision-Blizzard
- 2012-04-27: Vivendi rumored to spin off Activision Blizzard into a new company
- 2012-04-10: Activision Blizzard sued by Worlds Inc. over alleged patent infringement