While we’ve had rumors of an Acer Windows Phone 8 device a few months ago (the Acer W11), it looks like the device won’t be here anytime soon – if it’s even arriving at all. However, we do know that Acer is committed to producing Windows 8 devices and it’s only a question of when. Well, according to reports online, Acer will only be releasing them in the second half of 2013. No idea why Acer plans to hold out that long before they start releasing the devices, but it looks like they could be missing out on potential sales in the beginning. Then again, waiting for Windows Phone 8 to settle down and iron out all its issues (if it has any) could be a good idea too. Acer also has tablets and PCs to worry about, so it shouldn’t be too big of a problem if it doesn’t release Windows Phone 8 devices early. What do you think?
- 2014-04-10 Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30 Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27 Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12 Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing
- 2012-09-04 Acer could release both Windows Phone 8 and Android devices in 2013
- 2012-04-16 Acer W11 QWERTY Windows Phone 8 handset rumored for a Fall release