We’ve heard rumors about an Amazon smartphone in the works, and the latest reports from the Wall Street Journal seem to corroborate with the story. According to them, Amazon is currently working with component suppliers in Asia to test a smartphone. The phone is said to be between 4 and 5 inches large which falls in line with most of the high-end Android phones on the market.
No other details about the smartphone have been revealed. But it’s safe to say that the smartphone will probably be running on a highly modified version of Android, just like the Kindle Fire tablet. The phone is expected to only enter production late this year or early next year so don’t expect it to rearing its head soon, unless of course we get some leaks of the device. How well do you think an Amazon smartphone would do in today’s market?
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Germany Workers Go On Strike Again
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off