It wasn’t too long ago that RIM handed out Blackberry 10 alpha devices to some of their developers to try and to create apps on. However thanks to a recent update that was pushed onto the device, it seems that RIM is certainly trying its very best to keep itself up to date and relevant in a world where our smartphones are starting to feature more voice assistance features, i.e. Siri and S Voice just to name a few. Now as you can see from the video above, the voice assistant feature on the Blackberry 10 device appears to function similar to Apple’s Siri and even sounds like it too, suggesting that the voice assistant feature for Blackberry 10 could be built by Nuance as well. Hopefully there won’t be any disputes of patent infringement when it does launch, but right now it certainly looks like Blackberry 10 is shaping up to be a pretty decent platform that might help RIM regain some of its former glory. What do you guys think?
- 2014-04-09: Polled BlackBerry Users Want BlackBerry 10 To Be Themable
- 2014-03-27: BlackBerry 10 Receives Full Operational Capability Certification By Department Of Defense
- 2014-02-19: BlackBerry 10 QWERTY Prototype Photos Leaked
- 2014-02-13: BBM 2.0 Brings Voice Calling, Channels, Dropbox And More
- 2013-12-24: BlackBerry Dropped Plans To Release Two More BB10 Devices