Waiting can be a tough, especially when you are talking about Google’s Nexus 7 tablet. Now, we’ve pretty much covered the news surrounding the shipments of the Jelly Bean tablet, beginning with the announcement of shipments in the U.S. and U.K. and up to the recent shipments to Canada and Australia. Still, we’re receiving tons of complaints about the delay of the arrival. In a move to settle the questions once and for all, Google has updated its Google Play support page for questions about Nexus 7 orders and delivery, complete with shipping dates. You can check out the updated page after the break.
We’ve had incredible demand for our new Nexus 7 tablet and are shipping them as quickly as possible. When your device ships you will receive a notification from Google Play with a shipping tracking number. We will have all orders placed through July 13 processed and shipped soon. Orders placed after July 13 will ship according to the quoted timeframe when you purchased and we will update you with a tracking number when we’ve shipped. Thanks for your patience.
Below are more specific details by country for devices ordered through July 13. If the below information is not true for you, and you ordered on or before July 13, please reach out to our support team so we can investigate.
In the US:
We’ve shipped all standalone Nexus 7 8GB orders (e.g.: those without a case, charger or Nexus Q). By the end of day on July 19 (PDT), we will have shipped all standalone Nexus 7 16GB orders placed through July 11 (PDT), and upgraded these orders to overnight shipping. We will process the remaining standalone Nexus 7 16GB orders by the end of next week with overnight shipping.
If you ordered your tablet with a case, charger or Nexus Q, your Nexus 7 will ship this week with overnight shipping, in some cases ahead of the rest of your order. But don’t worry, the rest of your order will be on its way soon.
We’ve shipped all Nexus 7 8GB orders. We are in the process of shipping Nexus 7 16GB orders and will ship them in 1-2 weeks.
In the UK:
All Nexus 7 8GB orders will ship by July 20 (BST). All Nexus 7 16GB orders placed through June 30 (BST), will ship by July 20 (BST). The remaining Nexus 7 16GB orders will ship next week.
All Nexus 7 8GB and Nexus 7 16GB orders will be fulfilled by the end of day on July 19 (AEST) and will arrive in 3-5 days.
Next Story: RIM receives logic based text prediction patent
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arriving This Week
- 2014-04-15: Gmail Gets New Insert Photo Button
- 2014-04-14: Google Micro Camera System To Usher In Next-Gen Contact Lenses
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2014-02-16: Nexus 7 2013 16GB White Spotted On Best Buy
- 2014-01-02: Microsoft Surface Traffic Beats Out Google's Nexus Offerings
- 2013-11-27: Google Giving $25 Play Store Credit For Nexus 7 Purchases
- 2013-11-10: T-Mobile Nexus 7 Goes On Sale November 20th
- 2013-11-06: Alleged Nexus 8 Image Quietly Edited By Google, Now Displays The Nexus 7