Those living in Europe and some other countries, and rely a whole lot on your PS3 (especially with everything that PlayStation Network offers), you might want to take note that the following countries – AE, AU, GB, IE, and NZ, will not see your PlayStation Network remain online from 16:00 on Thursday 26th July 2012 until 08:00 on Friday 27th July 2012, BST, due to a scheduled maintenance program. As usual, the maintenance period would mean you cannot access services such as these – PlayStation Store on PS3, PSP and PS Vita, PlayStation Network Account Management, and PlayStation Network Account Registration.
Those who want to play online during the scheduled maintenance, you can do so if you happen to sign in to PSN prior to the maintenance window kicking off. Do take note that the services listed in the above paragraph will remain as dead as a doornail even if you are signed into the Network before. So do make a note of the above dates and times in your respective calendars lest you think that the PlayStation Network is under some sort of hacker attack.
- 2014-02-17: PS Plus TV Spot Introduced
- 2014-02-04: Sony PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset Unveiled
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2014-01-21: PlayStation 4 Error CE-34878-0 Being Investigated By Sony
- 2014-01-08: DualShock 3 A Requirement For PlayStation Now Gameplay On Smartphones And Tablets
- 2013-12-11: Sony Patent Suggests Updated Move Controller