A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet, and a smartphone by any other name would just be…er, as smart? I am not quite sure, but if you do follow what Sony Mobile offers closely ever since they broke off from the Sony Ericsson partnership, here we are with their latest candidate to go through the hallowed halls of the FCC – the Sony Xperia advance. It is also known as the ST27a if model numbers are your thing, while those living in North American would have realized that it has already undergone the FCC’s rigorous testing procedures under the guise of the Sony Xperia go.
The Sony Xperia go did hit several markets already, but Sony Mobile has largely remained silent as to when the Xperia advance will arrive Stateside as well as in Canada. One thing’s for sure – to see it pass through the FCC would probably be a pretty good indicator as to the actual release date. Those who are thinking or mulling over their decision as to whether to purchase a new handset from Sony, you might want to consider the Sony Xperia advance.
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-04-03: Sony Xperia Z2 Compact Might Have Received FCC Approval Already
- 2014-03-28: T-Mobile's Xperia T2 Ultra Spotted At The FCC
- 2012-06-26: Sony Xperia Neo L arrives at the FCC
- 2009-12-19: Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 Visits The FCC
- 2010-05-11: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Visits The FCC