Last year we wrote about a bicycle charger that only works with Nokia phones, and if you’ve been looking for an alternative that can power any smartphone that gets juiced via a USB port, you’re in luck. The folks over at Tigra Sport have come up with a solution called the BikeCharge. All you have to do is attach the dynamo to your wheel, place your phone on the mount on the handle bar and connect the USB cable.
While it’s not going to charge your phone as quickly as a wall socket, it should be enough to keep your GPS on and music at the same time. Just don’t forget to keep the bike moving. If you’re interested in picking up a BikeCharge, it’s available now for $99.99 just for the dynamo – the mounts (called BikeConsoles) will set you back about $60 though you have the option of buying/using one that you already have.
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: The Philips W6618 Smartphone Comes With A Whopping 5,300mAh Battery
- 2014-04-16: Google Offering $100,000 For Best Project Ara Module
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked