If you were looking forward to playing Battlefield 3 on the Nintendo Wii U, you could be out of luck. According to an anonymous source (via Wii U Daily), both EA and DICE were working on a Wii U version of Battlefield 3. However due to a “feud” with Nintendo over the integration of Origin on the Wii U, the project was then shelved. If you are a bit bummed out by that news, here’s something that might cheer you up.
While Battlefield 3 for the Wii U might have been shelved (assuming the rumors are to be believed), it seems that the team working on Battlefield 3 was instead merged with the team working on Battlefield 4 and are reportedly working on a straight port of the game onto the Wii U, and is expected to feature support for the Wii U’s touchscreen controls. When approached by GameSpot for a comment, here’s what EA had to say:
“This is an old rumour. Battlefield 3 is available for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. The exclusive Battlefield 4 beta will be available in [...] 2013. Additional details regarding Battlefield 4 will be revealed at a later date.”
It looks like we will have to wait and find out, but what do you guys think?
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-17 Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17 Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15 Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2011-10-28 Ubergizmo's Gaming Digest #2: Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Modern Warfare 3, Wii U, PS Vita and More