For those unfamiliar, the Gears of War franchise is a third-person shooter which means that unlike first-person shooters, players will not be playing through the eyes of the character. Some people prefer third-person, while others believe that shooter games should only be first-person. Either way if the thought of a first-person version of Gears of War sounds intriguing to you, you might be interested to learn that according to executive producer Rod Fergusson, it is not entirely out of the question. In an interview with OXM, he was quoted as saying:
“I’m a big believer in never say never […] It’s all about what’s interesting in the industry at the time and where fans want us to take it. We don’t want to say never but it’s not on the top of my mind either. We look at what makes sense and move in that direction.”
Of course based on what he said, we probably shouldn’t expect an FPS version of Gears of War anytime soon, but it’s good to know that it is not impossible. What do you guys think? Do you think Gears of War would be more fun as an FPS? Or do you prefer keeping it the way it is right now?
- 2013-11-30 Microsoft Having Active Discussions About Gears Of War's Future
- 2013-11-27 Gears Of War, Shoot Many Robots Free In December For Xbox Games With Gold
- 2013-04-19 Gears Of War: Judgment 'Call To Arms' Map Pack Available On April 23
- 2013-04-02 Gears of War: Judgment Patched
- 2013-03-29 Gears Of War: Judgment Makes First Add-On Available Free For Limited Time