Here we are with the zenith of Lenovo’s IdeaPad Z series of notebooks – the Lenovo IdeaPad Z500. Touted to be 25% slimmer compared to standard notebooks (not too sure just which rivals of theirs did they use as a benchmark), the IdeaPad Z500 will obviously be thinner and lighter than its counterparts of the same class. Of course, most of the time, aesthetics do take a back seat over performance, but Lenovo ensures us that this will not be the case since the IdeaPad Z500 will be able to carry a third generation Core i7 processor underneath the hood.
Sporting a soft-touch exterior and backlit AccuType keyboard carefully installed within a sleek yet sturdy laptop design, alongside Windows 8 Pro as the operating system of choice. If safety of your data is of concern, then OneKey Recovery makes data backup & recovery a snap. Other specifications include a 15.6” Backlit LED HD display at 1366×768 resolution with 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio, up to 1TB of hard drive space, and up to 16GB RAM, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity, an integrated DVD reader/writer (optional Blu-ray Disc drive), specialized stereo speakers for extra bass with Dolby Home Theatre audio certification for immersive sound. In front, you will also find an integrated 720p HD webcam that caters for video calls.
No idea on pricing, but it should be released sometime when Windows 8 is officially out as well.
Next Story: Lenovo IdeaCentre A520 All-in-One PC
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo FLEX 2 Laptops Announced
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo Z40 & Z50 Entertainment-Focused Laptops Announced
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo A540 AIO Desktop PC Announced
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-06: Lenovo's IBM Server Unit Bid Raises National Security Concerns
- 2013-01-07: Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11S Ultrabook Takes The Multimode Route
- 2013-01-06: Lenovo Ideapad Z400 And Z500 Touch
- 2013-01-06: Lenovo IdeaPad U310/U401 Touch
- 2012-10-09: Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 Ultrabook convertible
- 2012-08-31: Lenovo IdeaPad U510 bridges cost and performance