Konami’s Fox Engine can be considered to be a thing of beauty and is indeed very nice to look at. The thought of being able to play games designed with the engine sure sounds like a lot of fun and it looks like gamers will be able to with the upcoming Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes. This game was demonstrated using Konami’s brand new Fox Engine and not only highlighted the capabilities of the engine, such as how it handles the weather, clothing and textures, but it also gave gamers a glimpse of the new MGS game which appears to be open-world.
Usually in games when your character fails a particular mission, it’s game over or you will have to reset that level. However in this case, should the player fail to complete a mission or if he/she was discovered doing so, it will turn into an escape like situation. Sounds pretty interesting and while photography was prohibited during the exhibition, the image above was leaked and should give gamers an idea of what they will be able to expect. Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes has been designed for the PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 in mind.
From the looks of the patch on his shoulder, the game happens before the MGS1 series, so chances are that we are looking at Big boss here. It is possible to see a bit of his eye patch as well if you pay attention. His equipment is also a good indication that we’re in the 60s-70s and not the the 90s. So – what do you think the setting of this new MGS game is going to be? Also, the fox engine seems very much “next-gen”, so is that a PS4 game? Drop a comment. In the meantime you can check out the demonstration in the video below.
- 2014-04-23 Hideo Kojima Teases "Important" Announcement For Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16 Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Trailer Recreated In GTA 5
- 2014-04-15 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Save File Will Impact The Phantom Pain
- 2014-03-20 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Censored In Japan
- 2014-03-19 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Can Be Completed In 10 Minutes
- 2013-06-27 Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection Gets Official Trailer
- 2013-06-06 Kiefer Sutherland To Play Snake In Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
- 2013-05-20 Metal Gear Solid: Legacy Collection Arriving On July 9 For $50
- 2012-09-02 Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes Intro+Gameplay Video
- 2012-07-26 Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance gets February 2013 release date