Folks, it looks like Pinterest has just opened its doors to the public. If you’ve ever used Pinterest before, then probably someone invited you to join in. Now, those who are planning to sign up but were previously discouraged by the waiting process, can opt to create an account using their Facebook or Twitter account, as well as their email address. The pinboard-style social photo sharing website that allows users to create and manage theme-based image collections based on their hobbies and interests, just hit 10 million unique monthly U.S. visitors way back in February.
Ben Silbermann, and his team are hoping that by finally opening the registration to the public after two years, more users will enjoy what Pinterest has to offer. “Today we’re thrilled to announce open registration! We’re really excited to have the capacity to offer Pinterest to more people and if you’re a Pinner with friends who’ve been waiting on the sidelines, we hope you’ll let them know. Happy pinning to everyone!” the company said.
- 2014-03-16: Pinterest 'Gifts Feed' Launched
- 2014-01-23: Pinterest GIF Support Is Finally Here
- 2014-01-21: Searching For Recipes On Pinterest Is Now Easier
- 2014-01-06: Pinterest Might Be Forced To Change Its Name In Europe
- 2013-12-30: 73% Of All U.S. Adults Can Be Found On Social Networks