Samsung is tipped to showcase their range of Windows 8-powered devices at IFA 2012 in Berlin, Germany, and with the recent trademarks “Ativ Tab” and “Ativ S” names being filed and granted, there is the potential for Samsung to use the ‘Ativ’ brand as part of their Windows 8 device genetic make up, just like how the ‘Galaxy’ brand name is an indication that Google’s Android operating system runs underneath the hood, regardless of whether it is a tablet or a smartphone.
What do you think of the ‘Ativ’ brand – does it roll off the tongue easily for you, or do you feel that it has less of a universal appeal compared to ‘Galaxy’? Right now, we do know that Samsung’s flagship Windows Phone 8 device has been given the code name Odyssey, and it could very well end up as the “Ativ S” for all we know, while the Windows RT-powered tablet might eventually be slapped with the “Ativ Tab” moniker.
Next Story: iPad mini name confirmed?
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014