Samsung is tipped to showcase their range of Windows 8-powered devices at IFA 2012 in Berlin, Germany, and with the recent trademarks “Ativ Tab” and “Ativ S” names being filed and granted, there is the potential for Samsung to use the ‘Ativ’ brand as part of their Windows 8 device genetic make up, just like how the ‘Galaxy’ brand name is an indication that Google’s Android operating system runs underneath the hood, regardless of whether it is a tablet or a smartphone.
What do you think of the ‘Ativ’ brand – does it roll off the tongue easily for you, or do you feel that it has less of a universal appeal compared to ‘Galaxy’? Right now, we do know that Samsung’s flagship Windows Phone 8 device has been given the code name Odyssey, and it could very well end up as the “Ativ S” for all we know, while the Windows RT-powered tablet might eventually be slapped with the “Ativ Tab” moniker.
Next Story: iPad mini name confirmed?
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released